Wednesday, March 30, 2016

DID YOU HAVE A GOOD EASTER, EVERYONE?

Here at the shop, we did observe Easter.  It was a day spent in worship, family, and food.  I do hope that all of you had a safe trip to and from your various destinations.

Are you aware that Americans spent more dollars on Easter candy than they do for Halloween and Christmas?  I honestly did not know that.  I thought this may be true...then, I checked my store receipts for the candy I purchased for my two grand-sons.  They are RIGHT!

I don't blame anyone for spending a lot of money on their kids and grand-kids.  After all, this wondrous spring season is a time of new beginnings.  And of course, our kids are in the dawn of their lives.

Thinking of this, even during the terrible spring snowstorm here in Wisconsin, I got an inspiration and created this item pictured below and put it into the shop:

I became inspired about making this.  Here's the story behind it:

My faith is Christian, first of all.  In the very beginning, mankind was created and placed in a garden, and they were to take care of this garden.  Of course, we all know that they were kicked out of that lovely place.

Secondly, our Lord Jesus prayed in a garden before He was crucified as the Savior for our sins.

Third, regarding children, our Lord Jesus had this to say, "Let the little children come to Me, for of such are the kingdom of heaven."  He does love the children.

Fourth, Jesus appeared in a garden after His resurrection.

Finally, I believe Jesus will return.  And we will return, once again, to that wonderful garden...paradise found!

Of course, gardening is on my mind, because my husband is an avid gardener himself.  He loves to start his own seeds, plant them, tend to them, and watch them shoot out of the ground toward the sky!  We also have various annual flowers in containers all around the outside of our house.

So, while the rain, sleet, ice, and snow were pounding outside, I created this little pillow...a little piece of heaven. You can check it out for yourselves at our store site:  www.etsy.com/shop/OakCreekCrafts.  At first, it was going to be a sampler, but I thought it looks so much better as a decorative pillow...perfect for expectant parents, grand-parents, or just because they like it.

Here is the close-up of my embroidered design:


I designed the hand-embroidered panel myself, along with the various blooms shown.  The back and borders of the pillow are done in vine print calico in various shades of green.  Let me know what you think!  I'll be writing again soon.  Have a wonderful week, and good-bye for now..




No comments:

Post a Comment