Tuesday, April 5, 2016

APRIL HAS COME IN LIKE A LION?

Hi, everyone!  If we didn't look at our calendar, one would think it is still winter!  Opening day at the Brewers' Stadium at Miller Park looked more like a day for football tailgating!  Anyway, team spirit was up.

Here at the store, I've been creating, designing, and doing a little painting.  Check out this little guy, if you like crows!


The top picture/sampler was created by me.  I did not have any black fabric for the crow applique, so I used acrylic paint along with textile medium to paint him onto the muslin background.  The frame is made of oak and the sampler is not under glass this time.  You can find him on my store site:

BOTTOM PICTURE:

This bottom picture is a close-up shot of the crow and the saying.

"Primitive Blessings" was hand-embroidered onto muslin, which was stitched onto some homespun fabric and all of this was hand-stitched to the picture.  I used primitive black stitching all around the bird, and the crow's eye is a French knot stitch.

This picture was a lot of fun to make!  If one of my husband's friends has an extra scrap or chunk of wood, he bags it up and gets it to me.  He's always asking me what I'll do with a given piece.  I always say, "I don't know yet.  I'll just set it on the work table in my studio and it will come to me."  I never know exactly what I'm going to do with the things I get.

My husband's friend donated some cut off hunks of 4" by 4" pieces of wood last year.  After several months sitting out in the elements, the idea came to me.  I'll take some pictures of what I created with them!  He thought they were "really neat." I'm not quite caught up with my photos yet, but you will soon see them.

I am working on some Americana items, as well as designing some pillow covers to put into the shop. I saw a saying somewhere that said, "Housework is for those ladies who don't know how to craft."  Well, that's not true.  I am usually really good at cleaning house, but I just get too distracted sometimes, and those dust bunnies become dust lions!

I want to thank my dear husband, who puts up with all the clutter in my studio!  God made doors for a reason...to close when company comes, and that room is off limits!  LOL

Until next time...Goodbye for now!  And have a wonderful week

No comments:

Post a Comment