Sunday, February 7, 2016

Memories of Dolores Stenzel

Here in the frozen tundra, February is the sign of wonderful spring weather to come.  It's also a time to think about all the special loved ones in our lives.

Last week, we lost a very dear friend.  Her name was Dolores, and she was wonderful at crochet.  The two of us were going to attend a fall craft fair together, but there was a conflict in schedules.  Other crafts were her specialty as well.  I will surely miss her.  Dolores was a member of the Women of the Moose Chapter 345.

I'm not sure how many of you know about the Moose, so I will tell you.  The Moose organization has been around since 1913.  It was founded at first as a social club; then went on to help children (google Mooseheart International), and also the elderly (Moosehaven).  When I was told about the children at Mooseheart, I signed up to be a member immediately.  My annual dues are well worth it.

Dolores was a wonderful Woman of the Moose.  She was kind, generous, and very encouraging to all the women who were fellow co-workers in the organization.

Visitation for Dolores will be on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at Rozga-Walloch Funeral Home, 4309 South 20th Street, in Milwaukee from 4PM-7PM.  There will be a ritual by the Women of the Moose at 6:30PM.  Funeral will be at 11AM on Thursday, February 11, 2016 after which she will be laid to rest.

Whenever I pick up my crochet hook and some yarn or thread, I will think of Dolores.  She inspired me to start again at this wonderful craft.

This month, I'd like to add that love never fails.  It's a simple truth that whatever the outcome, if you love someone, love will come back to you, even if it isn't coming from the person you direct love to.  It will come to you in another way.


1 comment: