Sunday, February 7, 2016

Just Thought You'd Like To Know...

I thought you'd like to know about OakCreekCrafts.  You can find my shop here:

I have some wonderful things that I created for Christmas and other times of the year.  I started out crafting (actually, I became my mother, who was much better at crafting than I am) a long time ago.  I needed some kind of outlet and it needed to be therapeutic.  I guess crafting is better than compulsive gambling can be.  However, one must be careful and not get carried away.  I, for one, can get carried away.

When you're a crafter, ANYTHING can suddenly become useful.  I experienced this on my recent trip to Cuba on a church mission trip.  You must understand that in Cuba, almost everything is recycled and re-purposed.  This impressed me very much.  There was a pile of items on the building site that was searched several times for items that would "come in handy" for the new church building.

One crafting skill I never thought I'd use was cutting wire for the rebar (used to reinforce concrete).  Coincidentally, I just started working with wire to make wrapped rings, necklaces, etc., during 2015.  I think my friend and I cut a mile of the stuff so that the rebar could be wired together and then the concrete poured around it.

Who would think?  Jewelry-making skills used to help build the foundation for a church!  I really got blessed by that.

Below is a picture of one of the fellow missionaries searching for something needed for the building of the new church.  There was also a broken ax handle that needed a piece of wood to replace it.


No comments:

Post a Comment